Monday, September 6, 2010

Step Up 3D.... perfect 3D experience

A tight-knit group of street dancers, including Luke and Natalie, team up with NYU freshman Moose, and find themselves pitted against the world's best hip hop dancers in a high-stakes showdown that will change their lives forever.

Finally, I got to chance to watch this movie, after my 2-week vacation in Europe (tiring trip, not really a vacation I would say, but more on exploration trip haha!!).  I have wanted to catch this flick, and only in 3D.  So when I checked when I got home, it was already on it's second week and this movie although having little publicity compared to the first 2 films that went out should do well in cinemas especially as it is shown also in 3D.

One thing I would like to recommend my readers and friends who plan to watch this movie.  Catch it only in 3D.  Yes it may cost a little more but trust me, it is worth every penny of your hard earned money.....  the full length feature is in full 3D from the start to the ending credits.  

The storyline is quite predictable, what to watch out for are the intricate dance moves, the wonderfully orchestrated dance routines, and I so love the robots..... you'll see what I mean when you get to see the movie.  All the moves past, present and very innovative moves are all showcased in this movie.  The characters in the movie are quite talented, and you would be amazed on how they move.

The filming of this movie in 3D, is almost perfect, it showed the perfect angles and views, and yes you will try to avoid the moves headed at you haha....as most of the audience did.  Overall, it was quite a great experience.  Sad to say only a few theaters are showcasing this, as 3D cinemas are still few, and a lot of movies are already showing in 3D, so the films are sharing the few cinemas made available to us.  I do hope that cinema and mall owners would go to the trend of upgrading their cinemas to show 3D, as more and more films coming up are featured in 3D.  Now go watch it now.

One more thing to watch out for is the great soundtrack featuring:

1. Club Can’t Handle Me – Flo Rida (Feat. David Guetta)
2. My Own Step – Roscoe Dash & T-Pain (Feat. Fabo)
3. This Instant – Sofia Fresh (Feat. T-Pain)
4. Already Taken – Trey Songz
5. This Girl – Laza
6. Fancy Footwork – Chromeo
7. Beggin’ – MadCon
8. Up – Jessie McCartney
9. Bust Your Windows – Jazmine Sullivan
10. I Can Be A Freak – Estelle
11. Whatchadoin’ – NASA
12. Tear Da Roof Off – Busta Rhymes
13. Move If You Wanna – Mims
14. Shawty Got Moves – Get Cool
15. Irresistible – Wisin y Yandel
16. Let Me C It – Get Cool (Feat. Petey Pablo)

and one more featured song, old and wonderful song “I won’t Dance” by Fred Astaire, well a remix by District 78


Directed by Jon Chu.

Step Up 3D is still showing at the following cinemas until tom. I guess, but I sure do hope they extend it. 
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails