Friday, November 20, 2015

Q & A with Ana “The Hurricane”Julaton

Ana “The Hurricane”Julaton

Next Bout: vs. Irina Mazepa
ONE: SPIRIT OF CHAMPIONS
11 December 2015
Mall of Asia Arena, Manila

Nationality: American (with Filipino roots)
Date of Birth: 5 July 1980
Primary Fighting Discipline: Boxing
Professional Record: 2 Wins, 1 Loss


Characteristics: Fast, solid striking technique



1.    What was your thought about the upcoming fight against Irina Mazepa?

It was the fight that was supposed to happen last year and she wasn’t to pull it off because of an injury down when I had to fight in Dubai. That was when Ann Osman stepped in. So I mean, it was a fight that was ready to be made and I’m glad it was happening in Manila. I am looking forward to this fight, I’m pumped!

2.    Irina Mazepa debuted impressively with a first round KO of Ann Osman. What do you think about that fight?

Irina Mazepa is a powerful striker for sure. To see what she did to Osman in Malaysia in front of a sold-out hometown crowd was spectacular and proved Mazepa can fight and has no pressure as the visitor. But even when she won the fight, my heart didn’t skip a beat. I mean I was looking for it anyhow, she has really good game.

3.    Did you learn about Mazepa watching that fight?

I know that she’s strong, she’s experienced in the stand-up but I also know too that she’s limited in certain areas and I see that as an advantage on my side.

4.    What have you been working on since your last fight?

I’ve stayed busy at at Bishop Gorman, training four times a week to integrate grappling techniques to my overall game. I worked hard with my coach, Ricky Lundell, who has helped me improve my ground game. I’m got to credit a lot to my team, and my coach is super organised, and he knows which buttons to push to make me want to work.

5.    What are your plans after this fight against Irina Mazepa?

I got a couple fights left with ONE Championship and I’m looking forward in finishing off with some really, really homerun knockout performances. Like when I take care of Irina, I wanna call Ann Osman like you know, it’s up to the play. I really finish your job and I was going in and continue with our job and then let’s get it on.

Quotes from Ana Julaton’s coach, Ricky Lundell

I don’t think her opponent know what’s coming for because what they saw a year ago is not what they’re gonna see now. I mean, the quickness to the shots, the ability to take somebody down, the control aspect as well as being able to land submissions and ground-and-pound.

I mean now this is the entirely different fighter, it’s not just a boxer out there that has a little bit of understanding of the ground. This is a world class boxer who’s been working on world class takedowns and submissions abilities so this is gonna be a different fight. It’s gonna be exciting to watch this to come into fruition finally.

About ONE Championship™

ONE Championship is the largest sports media property in Asian history. Headquartered in Singapore, the world’s most exciting mixed martial arts organization hosts the best Asian mixed martial artists and world champions, all signed to exclusive contracts, on the largest media broadcast in Asia. ONE Championship™ has partnered with FOX and STAR Sports for an unprecedented 10-year cable television deal with a coverage that spans 70+ countries across the world.


Like this post? Subscribe to Manila Life by Email
Like Manila Life on Facebook to be updated.
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails